Micheal Meier 2010 Age 13
When I saw I could post a drawing by a child I knew instantly which drawing I was going to choose. This beautiful piece of art was drawn by my oldest Micheal. He was 13 years old and in 7th grade when this project was completed. He has always been my special boy but when he was asked to pick an animal for his art project he chose my childhood pet Tessa. She was a miniature dachshund and was one special pup. Micheal is a child that has no problem thinking about others before himself. He presented this drawing to me following my knee surgery this past year and that fact that he spent the time and effort doing this with the plan of giving it to me during a very discouraging time melted my heart.
This act of kindness showed me that children have huge hearts. If their upbringing is positive and they are encourage to be positive members of the family those traits will eventually turn them into positive role models and adults that truly care for others. Society today I full of self absorbed people that believe the world revolves around them. Not all children have someone teaching them right and wrong so if I can help even one child grow up in a positive way my heart will feel complete because it is those kids that are left to fend for themselves that break my heart everyday. If I can raise my children to think about others and not with the belief that the the world revolves around them then my job is close to complete. Selfless acts of kindness can go along way and can mean the world to someone.
Thank You Micheal for being the wonderful thoughtful young man you are and always know that I am extremely proud of you and all your achievements. I have been blessed to have the honor to be your mother and have the opportunity to watch you grow into to the young gentleman you are becoming.

Good Morning Amanda,
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful picture from your son and then for him to show it to you at a moment when you need it the most makes it more special. I believe we do acts of kindness it make the world go round and makes such a better place to be.