I could possibly be over analyzing the assignment but I am extremely nervous about the task that has been presented to me. I have reached out and emailed a total seven individuals with not much luck in fact the majority of my emails were returned undeliverable. I have not given though I will continue searching because my task has been accomplished successfully. If worst comes to worst I will use the alternative and listen to the podcast provided. I have already subscribed just in case it the need were to arise. I may be discouraged now but I plan to stay optimistic keep trying :)
http://www.savethechildren.org/site/c.8rKLIXMGIpI4E/b.6115947/k.8D6E/Official_Site.htm
This website really sparked my interest because the well being of children is ever early childhood professionals main goal. This website helps those children that would truly be lost without the help provided by the supports and professionals involved with this program. "Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in need in the United States and around the world and when disaster strikes around the world, Save the Children is there to save lives with food, medical care and education and remains to help communities rebuild through long-term recovery programs" (Save the Children Federation, 2011). The children that benefit from this organization would be ignored and possibly left to suffer if such an organization did not take notice and provide the help and resources available. I admire those that are self less and truly care whole heartedly about the innocent victims of natural disasters destroy the world around them. Imagining the feeling ans thoughts that go through those young lives unsure where their next meal will come from or if they will have a warm safe place to stay when such an organization like Save the Children comes in it is similar to a life preserver that will help maintain these innocent lives until long term arrangements can be set in to place.It is exciting to anticipate what great pieces of knowledge I will be able to learn from such a beautiful organization.
Hi Amanda!
ReplyDeleteI was very nervous as well! I thankfully remembered two of my friends who now teach outside the country. Alice Jones has provided some contacts on her blog that she was able to reach. She has posted them to help others in case the ran into a situation such as this. Maybe you can check it out. I hope it helps! When challenges step in the way I struggle with remaining optimistic. I am glad to hear that you are! Good Luck to you!!
Keep the faith! I am also still trying to make contact. Save the Children is a great organization. My Church community has donated to this organization!
ReplyDelete