Sunday, July 15, 2012
Changes in Communication
Following the past few weeks and the information I have learned, I don't think I have changed my approach to communication to much. I have become more aware to those I communicate with. I pay attention a person personality and try to communicate in a way that the individual can understand without being condescending or demeaning. I treat others the way I would to be treated. Many people have a difficult time understand of their bills so it is my job to explain the basics in a logical way that make it easier for our patients to understand. I leave each day with a feeling like I have accomplished something important and like I have done something to help my patients which can be very rewarding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amanda, It sounds like you offer outstanding customer service. Your patients are luck to have you.
ReplyDeleteAmanda,
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way. I have not changed my communication too much yet but I have definitely become more aware of communication and communication styles. There is a lot to be said for the "Golden Rule". If we all focused on it, I believe we would have a greater empathy for each other.
Amanda,
ReplyDeleteThe material that we have read on communication strategies have just made me more aware of how important it is to really pay attention when speaking and related to others. I don't think I have really changed the way I communicate, I'm just more aware now of how others are responding to what is being said.