"The way parents are with children is how children will be with the rest of the world" Susan Miller
Parents can be the most influential parts of a child's life. How the child is treated and how much love the child is shown effects how the child will love during it's lifetime. Attachment is an important piece of a child's social and emotional development. When a child has strong relationships growing up the child has the ability to feel love and for those that may come into his or her life. An attachment with parents helps build the foundation needed to have meaningful friendships and relationships that can lead to love. In my heart I feel that children can learn what it takes to maintain meaningful relationships it just may take longer and more work than those that grew up in loving homes.
Dear Amanda,
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful quote you've chosen--and so true! Thank you for your wonderful blog--I have enjoyed reading it and you have left me with my own "thoughts to ponder"!
Best of luck as you continue you studies. I hope we meet again in a future course.
Keep well,
Julie
I really enjoyed your quote. I never really thought about it like that but it's true. Children are like little sponges and they soak up everything they witness.
ReplyDeleteI wish you continued success with all of your educational dreams and aspirations.
Great quote. I think that sums up fantastically the importance of teaching love and respect through parental behaviors and actions. I definitely want my children to be respectful and loving to the world around them and the best way to ensure that is to make sure that I am always respectful and loving to them and the people around me.
ReplyDelete