Friday, September 7, 2012

Why Become an Childhood Advocate


Children are innocent and deserve to have adults that watch out for their best interests and safety.  Not every child in our society have that and that is where childhood advocates come in.  I want to be the individual that a child can count on to care about them as an individual.  Advocates look at the situation the child is currently in and makes sure that the child is completely safe and experiencing the nurturing environment a child deserves.  Along with the child's well being and advocate can help educate the family making them aware of programs and parenting methods that could help their family as a whole and encourage love and interaction.  The main reason I have chosen this career field is because I have a heart for children and it is important to me to enjoy my career feeling like I am making a difference.

I believe it is important for early childhood educators to be skilled and educated so that they are fully aware of ways they can be helping children in order to provide the best support possible.  It is also important to have continuous education because as policies change it should be a priority for educators and advocates to be aware rather than in the dark.  The children and families count on us to help them and know how and in what ways are best for their family most importantly current ways and policies that need to be considered.

My goals at this point in my education are:
1. Learn the policies necessary to help protect children 
2. Learn as much as I can from my classes so that when I am in the field I can provide the best care for the children and their families.
3.. Find ways to do what I love that makes it possible to help my husband take care of our family.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, I too share your belief that children deserve to have a strong voice on their behalf. I believe it takes a deep passion, as well as, discipline in order to be an effective advocate. It also requires one to be true to their beliefs, mission and philosophy.

    ReplyDelete